+/- 300g Wors cut into small pieces (and without the skin)- please use great quality wors if possible.
Veggies (medium cooked separately in water):
Veggies (uncooked) :
Mushrooms diced (handful)
1/2 medium onion chopped
1 tsp Gurum masala
1 tbsp Coriander
1 tsp Turmeric powder
Bay leaves dried (3 large)
1 tbsp Crushed garlic and chilli paste
Salt (just a little bit and totally optional)
1/2 Beef stock cube
1 tsp grated Fresh ginger
1. Cook your onions and garlic chilli paste in heated olive oil on medium heat – till your onions are medium cooked.
2. Add in your wors pieces and brown them (+/-2 min)
3. Add in your spices (Bay leaves, paprika, turmeric, gurum masala, Coriander, gloves, soy sauce and mushrooms . Mix and fry cook for about 2 minute on medium low heat.
4. Add in all your veggies. Stir and fry for about 30s to 60s and then add water + grated ginger + beef stock cube. Mix well. Let it simmer for about 1 to 2 minutes on medium low heat.
5. Then add ramen noodles – place at the bottom (and covered in liquid) so they can cook and absorb flavours – note that you can reduce the quantity of noodles added for a more meaty veggie soup:
you can add in uncooked noodles 2 minutes after adding items in 4 or add in previously cooked noodles about 5 minutes after adding items in 4 and/or towards the end when your soup is almost ready – I recommend cooking noodles separately as instructed on the package before adding them in the soup.
Avoid overcooking your noodles – very important.
Your noodle soup should be ready 10 minutes after adding the items in 4 or after the soup has thickened just a little bit (a tiny bit). Totally optional : add in fresh Parsely.